The guest for this episode of the INSPIRING STEM PODCAST is Adam Hyde, founder and principal architect of the Collaborative Knowledge Foundation - Coko and is responsible for oversight of all operations.
Coko’s motto is “We Build, You Publish”. The organisation exists to benefit the publishing community by building modern, open-source tools that enable the publishing of critical knowledge better, faster, cheaper.
Adam brings publishing and technical leadership as well as pioneering insights into publishing workflows and technologies. He is also technical advisor for the OA Switchboard project, holds a seat on the Electronic Information for Libraries (EIFL) Management Board, and co-founder of the Coalition for Open Access Publishing Infrastructure in Africa project.
In our conversation we discuss:
- open-source code, its principles and use in academic publishing
- Coko's approach to collaborating and working with partners
- the importance of collaborative working
- ChatGPT AI's revolutionising of publishing
- experience of working with publishers such as eLife Sciences Publications, Ltd., Hindawi Publishing and University of California Press
- how non-publisher stakeholders are now working with Coko, such as Digital Science and Amnet ContentSource
- what to expect from COKO over the next few months